SkyBlock4 is a SkyBlock server that is a filler season between Public Server Sky and the Public Server 8. It has taken the classic SkyBlock map and given it a Gamemode 4 spin using Gamemode 4's many modules (a list of this server's included modules is provided below) and even custom SkyBlock-only modules. The server officially opened on November 6th 2021.
All players are expected to know and abide by a set of rules listed on the official Gamemode 4 website. Failure to do so could result in punishment.
There are four player ranks on the server. Ranks are not progression-based, nor do ranks confer additional survival features.
- Donor - Donors have a gold-coloured name. One-time donors receive this rank for a month, patrons (pledged via Patreon) of the server have the rank until the end of their patronage. Donors can nickname themselves with the command
/nick [name], reset with
/resetnick, and their real usernames can be found with
- S Staff - Indicated by a green "S" in front of their names, they are on the Gamemode 4 Staff team, but do not have additional powers on the server.
- M Moderator - Indicated by a red "M" in front of their names, Moderators can check for griefers and thieves on a server, teleport to players in need, and rollback damage. These are assigned by the Admins.
- M System Admin - Indicated by a green "M" in front of their names, they can do everything the Moderators can do but also help with the upkeep of the server.
- A Admin - Indicated by a red "A" in front of their aqua-coloured names, Admins are responsible for the running of the server. They have operator permissions, and can add, modify, or remove Gamemode 4 modules.
The spawn island for SkyBlock4 is a modified version of the floating island used for Public Server Sky's Electric Sparks Awards, which contains a Post Office, a minecart track circling the island, and various displays for information regarding SkyBlock and Gamemode 4. There are also plushies and statues scattered throughout the island, featuring the staff members at the time.
Players can create their own island using a plugin, accessed through
/island commands. The commands allowed players to invite or join a friend, and allow or restrict island visitors certain permissions.
Upon creating an island, players are given a choice between two islands: Normal, which contains all of the classic SkyBlock items, and Challenge, which removed the Apple Tree sapling, Beetroot Seeds, and the Nether Ice block. The island itself is a custom island that looks like the Gamemode 4 logo: A grass layer withe the logo, sand layer, then dirt layer, with blue concrete powder in the sand layer where the holes are. The center hole contained the barrel, on top of island's bedrock, and a tree was on the corner of the island.
|10 Obsidian (x10)
|Bucket of Lava
|Apple Tree sapling
Below is a list of the known modules installed on SkyBlock4. Related expansions can be found under their base module.
Seed Random Values
|Orb of Ankou
|Soul Shard Creation
Significant Dates and Moments
|26th September 2021
|SkyBlock4 is announced.
|23rd October 2021
|Public Server Sky closes.
|6th November 2021
|SkyBlock4 opens to the public in Minecraft 1.17.1.
|11th November 2021
|The End opened.
|4 years since Gamemode 4D, and 3 years since Public Server V.
|12th December 2021
- Not on Challenge islands