|Occupation||GM4 Moderator and Developer|
|Years active||2019 - present|
Hello! My name is Michael and I have been playing minecraft since about 1.6. I started out playing primarily in creative since I did not know any of the crafting recipes and didn't where to start. I would eventually find redstone and spend most of my time playing around with it. Sometime later I would discover commands and command blocks and this is when I really started becoming involved in the more technical side of Minecraft. During this period I took heavy inspiration from "only one command" creations and started working on larger projects which consisted of 40+ command blocks. Eventually Minecraft would add functions and datapacks which made it made the process much easier, thus making my ideas much grander. It wasn't until I joined the Gamemode 4 server that I started learning about loot tables, predicates, function tags, etc. I am happy to have been able to experience all of these additions to Minecraft over time as I feel I have grown along side the game and its mechanics.
Gamemode 4 History
When it comes to my history with Gamemode 4 it gets kind of messy as I am not 100% sure when I found out about Gamemode 4. It was probably from searching up "only one command" creations or more likely when Hermitcraft played with Gamemode 4 modules. The first server I played on was GM4D where I played for a few hours on opening day... and then never played again because I died in a pit of silverfish loosing everything. Even though I am sad I was not able to experience this unique server I am at least happy that my younger, more annoying self, did not have a chance to make a bad first impression. When PSV first opened I played for a few hours with a friend but never really played again after that. That was until some random guy named Kyrkis messaged me on discord. Apparently, I never left the Gamemode 4 discord and Kyrkis saw I had a rainbow flag in my bio. After back and fourth he would eventually get me to join the PSV server and I would begin playing consistently until the server closed about a month later. PS6 would be not only my first proper season of Gamemode 4 but my first time ever playing on an SMP server. This was during the beginning of the pandemic so I had a near endless amount of time and I ended up getting the second highest time played on the server (106.87 days). While on the server I really enjoyed making public services such as: decorating spawn pad, cleaning up pathways and adding more vegetation, and my biggest project, the South-East islands, an area that contained many public farms (cactus, pumpkin, melon, and slime) as well as different workstations from the various different modules. Public Server 6 will forever hold a special place in my heart as I met so many great friends and I will forever cherish the memories I created.
I joined the staff team in June 2021 as a Moderator and Event Developer. The projects I have worked on are:
- Obsolescence: A capture the monument adventure map produced by Gamemode 4. [cave decor, spooky forest challenge, wave survival challenge, time trial challenge]
- Stanley's Summer Island: An event that allowed players to access 1.17 blocks. [villager and quest mechanics, copper ore veins]
- Public Server 8 Dragon Fight: The traditional dragon fight that unlocks the end. [dragon fight phases, PvP and tower mechanics]
Gamemode 4 Modules by MichaelMiner137
- Chest Boats: Allows chest minecarts to merge into boats to create a boat with chest.
- Live Catch: Allows living fish to be caught with fishing rods.
- Shiny Items: Gives the player the ability to give any item the enchant glint.
- Trash Cans: Its a trash can. What do you expect?
- Villager Telltale: Allows the player to easily see which villager is attached to which workstation simply by walking up to a villager while holding a workstation.
- Rational Villager: Nerf's villager curing so that enchants can't be easily bought in bulk.
- Sign Inscriber: Allows the for the crafting of signs with text already prewritten on them.
Work In Progress
- Garden Variety: Adds a variety of new trees with a complex mutation system that allows players to affect the trees growth. [PR Limbo]
- Potion Tipping: A rework of potion swords that allows you to apply any potion to any weapon with gold tools allowing multiple effects at once. [On Hold]
- Sacred Springs: Sacred springs are pools of water scattered throughout the world. Each type giving different effects when either swam in or put into a bottle. [Status]
- [REDACTED]: No Spoilers!
Other Gamemode 4 Work
- Founder, CEO, and only member of the NPCA (Neighborhood Parks Conservation Association)
- Owner of hit enchant shop "Knick Knacks"
- Owner of "The Signature" hotel and bar